Lately I feel like I’ve been posting more recipes than projects. I can definitely say I have more time experimenting with food.
Yesterday, when my daughter came home, we made some yummy salad with mozzarella grill cheese. The best part was that I had all the ingredients (okay… Except for the pesto… I asked my sister to bring me some) AND… Daddy loved it!!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small package cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (I didn’t have red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Dice cucumber 1/4, cut tomato into halves, cut avocado into same size of cucumber
- In a separate bowl, mix white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together.
Optional: You can add fresh basil to the mix to add more flavor.
Grill Cheese Ingredients:
- Fresh mozzarella (or any cheese)
- Spread a very thin layer of mayo on one side of each bread. (I like to use mayo with olive oil instead of butter… But you can definitely use butter if that’s all you have)
- Put cheese on the non mayo side then a couple of thinly sliced tomatoes then spread some pesto then cover with more cheese. (Bread, cheese, tomatoes, pesto, cheese, bread)
- Use a sandwich maker and cook for 2-3 mins (If you don’t have a sandwich maker then u can use a pan but just remember to press and hold the top of the grill cheese to flatten it out)
All of these are best eaten fresh. And we definitely finished all of it!!
My sister jokes that Im the worst cook but I think this recipe is pretty amazing! Let me know what you think? Any suggestions would be helpful.